The MyFreeTaxes partnership is committed to providing free online taMFT_banner_1x filing to taxpayers with a household income of $62,000 or less in 2015. It’s quick and easy.

1. Gather your documents.

  •  W-2s for each job held in 2015 for each person in the household. This form reports your name, wages, and other tax information to the IRS.
  • 1099s showing other income (unemployment, Social Security, state tax refund, gambling winnings, contract work) that is reported to the IRS, if applicable.
  • 1098s showing payments you’ve made (school loans, property tax).
  • 1095-A if you received credit from the marketplace.
  • Income/interest statements received for any savings account and/or investments.
  • Bank account numbers: A voided check or your bank or credit union routing number, if you qualify for a refund via secure direct deposit.
  • Last year’s tax return (if you have it).

2. Collect information for everyone in your household.

  • Name and taxpayer number as they appear on the Social Security card or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number letter for you and all dependents (including children and relatives in your care).
  • Date of birth and relationship (son, daughter, mother, etc.).
  • Current address (it may be different from the address on your employment records).

3. Gather additional items to get a larger refund.

  • Childcare expenses: Name, address, Tax ID or name of the childcare provider.
  • Business expenses and assets: If you are self-employed or have a small business.
  • College loans and/or scholarships received, and bills for technical/community college or university (Forms 1098-T/1098-E).
  • Educator expenses: For teaching grades K-12 (school supplies and materials used in the classroom).
  • Charitable donations: List of contributions and amounts, receipts for contributions over $250.
  • Vehicles: Automobile sales tax, personal property tax statement for each car you own, total miles driven for the year and/or total miles driven for business.
  • Renters: Amount of rent paid over the last year.
  • Homeowners: Mortgage interest statement (Form 1098), real estate taxes paid, statement of property tax payable in 2015.
  • Retirement/IRA: Amount contributed to an IRA and total value as of December 31, 2015.
  • Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN): If you need to apply for an ITIN for yourself or a family member, find out what other documents you need to take with you when you get help filing your taxes.

4. File your taxes for free.

  • Visit, powered by H&R Block, if your household income was $62,000 or less in 2015.

5. Keep copies of your forms and tax return.

  • For your protection, keep any forms used to prepare your taxes, plus a copy of your return for three years. This information will make it easier for you to file your taxes next year.