Vocational rehabilitation enables people with functional, psychological, developmental, cognitive and emotional disabilities or impairments or health disabilities to overcome barriers to accessing, maintaining, or returning to employment or other useful occupation.
Services can include:
- assessment, appraisal, program evaluation and research.
- health advice and promotion to support returning to work.
- support for self-management of health conditions.
- making adjustments to the medical and psychological impact of a disability.
- case management, referral and service coordination.
- career counseling, job analysis, job development and placement.
- functional and work capacity evaluations.
In Delaware, VR services include activities for students that are designed to promote advancement from school to post-school activities, such as post-secondary education, vocational training, employment, continuing and adult education, adult services, independent living and community participation.
Go to https://dvr.delawareworks.com or speak to your high school counselor who can arrange a DVR referral with the agency.